<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4973386525830291558?origin\x3dhttps://adri-o.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

java blue

los pensamientos y sentimientos de mi corazón

 

Tangerine ~ Part 1


Wow. I could definitely keep reading until I finish this book, just like Katrina. Unfortunatley, I do have to get a lot of other (boring) reading done too. And sleep, that's important! Reading this book reminds me of being in middle school myself - I loved having time to read good young adult fiction novels like this one. I spent whole summers just reading! I had forgotten all about that until I picked up this book. In fact, I've forgotton most of middle school alltogether. I hope you middle schoolers out there can remind me! I have to admit, I am a bit envious of you. Being an adult, busy with work and family and school, I find it impossible to make time for reading, one of the simplest pleasures that exists in life. Paul Fisher has a great imagination, he sees things in a way noone else does, because he is not afraid to just let his imagination just run wild. What a gift that is!

I found my heart wrenched at several points in the story. I was angry at Erik's reaction to Mike Costello's death and then at the author for writing it. Isn't that crazy? Then I realized how well the book is written that it can elicit such emotions from the reader. I do not know what it is like to be a boy. But being put in Paul's shoes sure gives me a glimpse that I never had, and I think I will be a better teacher (especially to middle schoolers) for it. Maybe I will understand boys better!

I love the mystery to the story. I can't wait to find out what happens in Tangerine, with the crazy weather and sports teams and football dreams. I love soccer WAY more than football so I can't wait to see Paul take center stage (at least that's what I'm hoping for!). I hope that Paul, Erik, and their parents his parents go through character changes that turn them all into more caring and compassionate and understanding family.

I feel like the book is about to begin all over with Part 2. A new school... again! That doesn't happen twice in once book! I think its great how quickly the story develops and "hooks" you in, yet details and describes everything just enough so you can create a clear picture in your mind. I can almost feel the hot sticky weather and afternoon storms, and smell the muck fire, and see inside the unfinished houses of Windsor Downs. I know what it is like to have classrooms inside portable buildings because I did during high school. I know what it's like to feel like you don't belong and that noone notices you. I always felt akward and out of place at school too - but now I have come to the firm belief that EVERYONE feels insecure in middle school, whether they show it or not.

Well, I can't wait to hear what YOU thought of Part 1! What could be next???

 

for this post

Leave a Reply