<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4973386525830291558?origin\x3dhttps://adri-o.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

java blue

los pensamientos y sentimientos de mi corazón

 

See You at the Pole

I glanced out my window at the flag flying high in the unusually warm September morning. Noone stood below. I wondered if anyone would come. I had work to do anyways, and I wasn't going to go alone. That would be weird, I'm not even a student. Then the buses came and blocked my view. I had had it in my heart for three days that I wanted to stand out in front of my new school and pray. Yet I had the same jitters in my heart (and toes) as I did 12 years ago as a nervous 8th grader bravely standing in front of her public middle school with three other students. As the buses cleared away I saw that a small circle had formed. Tears came to my eyes as I dropped what I was doing, and even as students were coming into my classroom, I ran out as fast as I could to get to the flagpole. I joined the circle as they were closing in prayer, hoping that the students who look up to me wouldn't see the tears on my cheeks. I knew only one student there, a girl who had transferred from the same Christian school I once graduated from. The one other Christian teacher I knew was also there. It is amazing how God had already put these two people in my path at the beginning of the school year, to remind me that He is with me, and that we are never alone!


As I walked away from the flagpole, back into school, one of my students got off the bus and saw me. In fact, it was the same student from "open house" (see earlier post). He left me suprised, bemused, and pondering as he said, "oh that was today, wasn't it! I always miss it because of this bus!"




Father, are these just some of the ways you are trying to tell me that I'm in this job for a much greater purpose?

Labels: , ,

 

for this post

Leave a Reply