The French song I wrote about a few posts ago has taken on a whole new meaning for me. Today we found out in an emergency faculty meeting that the mother of three students in the school had committed suicide in the evening while the children were at home. I don't even know how to begin to pray for them. It's been so difficult grappling with the reality of the family situation for many of my students, and realizing more and more how blessed I truly am. But I can't even fathom this. I feel once again that teaching my content is so unimportant in the scheme of what truly matters in educating children, discipiling them, even raising them. Lord, please intervene in the midst of this tragedy. Use it for your glory. Send your Holy Spirit to bring comfort and healing. We need you so much. Amen.
Labels: Death
for this post
Leave a Reply