twenty-five
Today was one of the best birthdays I have ever had. I thought it would be dreadful, spending 10 hours riding in the car from Kentucky to Rochester. But it was a relaxing, beautiful drive that started with some time spent with my cousin Abby and her husband Jeff in Lexington and ended with dinner with friends in Henrietta, Italian-style. And the best birthday card ever!
Although my parents started singing to me while I was going to the bathroom, and my grandfather shamelessy reminded me that I'm a quarter-century old, I truly feel loved by my friends, family and heavenly Father. And now I think I finally get why we celebrate birthdays - because we are celebrating God's creation, and reminding each other that we are fearfully and wonderfully made, and that there was a purpose and plan for our lives even before we were born.
On another note, I just had yet another great weekend. I truly live for the weekends now that I'm teaching and not waitressing. I "skipped school" on Friday because I was already in Colombus, on the way to Louisville (pronounced Loo-i-vulle) for the Truth Project training conference. That was just incredible! It's amazing how my life is being transformed as I work through this worldview series. In January, I will be facilitating the experience for a group of teens at church.
Then on Saturday, I was treated to a birthday dinner (Mexican style) in Lexington with my cousin who I hadn't seen since her wedding in 2005. I was sung to in Spanish (the next night would be Italian!) and instead of a birthday dessert, I was given a birthday Tequila shot. Hmmm... definitely not what I was expecting! We celebrated with the Univeristy of Kentucky as they took down LSU right down the street. This was an outstanding victory for UK, because LSU is the best college football team in the country. We paraded down the streets of Lexington as fans and college students poured out of the stadium, hollering, and honking horns. I'm a little scared how much I'm starting to get into this football thing... maybe I shouldn't have put that Bills bumper sticker on my car after all!


don't stop writing in your blog :) I love reading it!
and I'm glad you had a nice birthday ... I enjoyed it myself hehe :)
yayyy!! Kentucky is fun! :) I enjoyed reading it and LOVED having you here also! I wish we had more time to catch up. Next time I hope it's in NY....I haven't been in a while! :(