<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4973386525830291558?origin\x3dhttps://adri-o.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

java blue

los pensamientos y sentimientos de mi corazón

 

On a Wednesday


Last night I nearly cried myself to sleep. So many things are on my heart all of a sudden and I don’t know why. I can’t tell you about all of them now. One thing though – I felt such a burden for my kids. I want so much to see them become children of God, and develop their character in a Christ-like way. I feel like what I’m teaching them – Spanish – doesn’t matter at all in the light of eternity. But I teach in a public school, and I chose this job, so I feel I’m stuck.

Many of my students know that I’m a Christian. I tell them I’m going to Mexico next month and they ask why. “On a missions trip” I say. Then they ask my religion. I want to explain so much more than just saying “I’m a Christian”.

Kids love to draw pictures on the backs of their quizzes after they finish. One student drew a picture of an iPod. The song that was playing in his drawing was “This Man” by Jeremy Camp. I wrote next to the drawing: ¡Me gusta esta canción, y me encanta Jeremy Camp también! – I like this song, and I really like Jeremy Camp too! Jeremy Camp is a Christian musician. The next day the student came in all excited because he found out where I went to church because of mutual friends (and his older brother was in 9th grade the year I graduated). I asked him if he went to Zion and he said “yes”. His seat partner got excited and said “I go to Crosswinds!” These are both Spirit-filled churches in Canandaigua. However, then they started to get into a discussion about whose church was better. Back to being almost-typical 9th grade boys!

Labels: , , , ,

 

for this post

Leave a Reply