Revelation & Rest
It's saturday and I would be grading papers like usual on the weekends but I was out sick (turned out to be a severe 48-hour migraine) yesterday so all the work is school! More work on Monday but i can really enjoy my weekend.
I've never known what it's like to have a weekend until this year. I waitressed for the last six years and weekends were the busy days when I worked till midnight or a double on Sunday. I can't believe how much I missed out - time with friends, and just resting! It feels weird to just sit home and do "nothing", though I had the Truth Project this morning, did some errands and worked out at the gym. Of course there is so much I could do, here at home. And I feel so guilty when even half a day goes by without getting something accomplished. I'm so used to making every minute count. But God rested, and so should we. So there!
If I could do anything right now, I think I would choose to go ice skating. A week ago I was in Central Park in NYC watching the ice skaters, just like in the movie Serendipity. It's not great, but this photo I snapped from up above.
Well I'm off to worship on the piano with this new song (well new to me!) my brother sang last Sunday in Syosset. It's called "Revelation Song" by Jennie Lee Riddle.


for this post
Leave a Reply