Slopes & Snowflakes

Today I had my annual ski day with my brother and my mom. My brother, pregant sister-in-law and niece are visiting on this wonderful 3-day weekend so it almost feels like a mini vacation! I have no schoolwork to do because next week is midterms. It feels amazing.
The skiing was not as much fun, however. It was really cold and windy, and a lot of trails were closed from the recent thaw. More trails were clsoed because of races. The lifts were slow and to keep from freezing we started making up silly songs where we echoed each other. It is so great to have a brother to goof around with me. I experienced near-frostbite on my fingers. At least that's what I think it was, because when I came in from the cold they started BURNING. It was so painful as they thawed out. It took about 10 minutes, and I was nearly in tears from the pain.
Then it started snowing. Big, beautiful, fluffy flakes everywhere! They were also making snow on the mountain. But the REAL snow was so unique. I watched it fall on my gloves while taking the lift up and took the time to examine each individual snowflake. I could see all of the fine details, and each one was totally unique! Then I compared it to the "fake" snow coming from the snow makers. They were just boring little dots of snow. I wonder, do you think it is impossible for man to recreate the uniqueness of God's creation in snowflakes?


for this post
Leave a Reply