<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4973386525830291558?origin\x3dhttps://adri-o.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

java blue

los pensamientos y sentimientos de mi corazón

 

Mexico Trip Summary


So...it was a great trip – very intense, beautiful, and effective. I’m still recovering, though my busy schedule teaching hasn’t allowed for much rest. I’m walking with quite a bit of a limp, as I tore my calf muscle climbing the pyramids in Teotihuacán. My stomach is also still adjusting to my Rochester diet after ten days of nothing but corn tortillas, beans, eggs, and sometimes chicken. Oh, and I can’t forget the delicious spicy salsas!

Although I thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful mission base at Roca Blanca, the highlight of the trip for me was the mountain village trips. Thank the Lord for motion-sickness medicine that kept us at bay for the rocky, bumpy, one-lane road up to the mountains, to reach these barely-reached peoples. I was blessed to be able to translate for the very doctors that have taken care of me my entire life. To be able to help someone at the scene of an emergency through interpretation was a gift from God. I still can’t believe he would choose to use me!

I am once again humbled by seeing the great divide between the first-world and third-world, and to think that the U.S.-Mexican border is the only place in the whole world where such a contrast comes in tact with one another. After seeing how the Lord has raised up local missionaries in Oaxaca as His choice for reaching their own people, I am convinced, now more than ever, that we have a responsibility to support the native missionary movement. Having grown up in the indigenous culture, yet experiencing personal transformation, native missionaries have the ability to relate to their own people on a personal level, and are living proof that change is possible. If you are interested in using the resources God has blessed you with to support a native missionary, check out
http://www.rocablanca.org/.

If you would like to see pictures from the trip, visit my website at
http://picasaweb.google.com/aeo1014.

Labels: ,

 

for this post

 
Blogger Rachel Says:

Sounds like it was a success! I loved your pictures.

 

Leave a Reply