Funny Things
Although returning to work was overwhelming and tiring, the best part about it was seeing my kids. They got so excited to see me! Some of them came up to me and went on and on about so happy they were that I was back. The odd thing was, it was the period of kids that I missed the least that missed me the most! And if you know me, if I'm complaining about students, it's almost always about my 9th graders and rarely the 10th graders. But it's the 9th graders that were so extra thrilled that I was back.
On the other hand, some of the same old problems and issues are getting me down again. Will I ever stop taking everything so personally and give up what is out of my control and trust it to the Lord? I am constantly thinking about what I could do to make things better, but I always lack the time and energy to make big changes.
I had band rehearsal tonight. It's our 20th season and we have a GREAT selection of music prepared for the National Band Festival that we were invited to play in at Corning on April 5th. I'm always tired and never want to go, but when I get there I have a great time. We're always laughing at silly things and it's fun to be a "dork" along with the rest of the grown-up "geeks" in the horn section!
Speeking of dorks, I just saw the movie Sydney White. It was really cute! If you know what it's like to be a dork, you should watch this film!
On the other hand, some of the same old problems and issues are getting me down again. Will I ever stop taking everything so personally and give up what is out of my control and trust it to the Lord? I am constantly thinking about what I could do to make things better, but I always lack the time and energy to make big changes.
I had band rehearsal tonight. It's our 20th season and we have a GREAT selection of music prepared for the National Band Festival that we were invited to play in at Corning on April 5th. I'm always tired and never want to go, but when I get there I have a great time. We're always laughing at silly things and it's fun to be a "dork" along with the rest of the grown-up "geeks" in the horn section!
Speeking of dorks, I just saw the movie Sydney White. It was really cute! If you know what it's like to be a dork, you should watch this film!


for this post
Leave a Reply