Jacob Matthew
I had planned on a lonely Easter weekend at home by myself cleaning and grading papers. But we had a wonderful Easter surprise - my nephew, Jacob Matthew, was born Saturday morning at 6:43 a.m. He was a healthy 8 lbs. 8 oz. and 22" !!! So I bought a ticket and in a few hours was at the hospital with him on Long Island. Of course it was terrific seeing my brother, sister-in-law, and 19-month-old niece too! I am so in love with my new nephew - he is just beautiful. He is even cute when he screams. My niece did so well too. She wasn't missing Mommy at all and had a great time playing dress-up with "Aunt Audrey" and both grandmas. I got to watch my brother do all the sound and techy stuff for his biggest event of the year - the Sunday morning Easter service at the Tilles center - a local college auditorium (seats 3000) that they rent out for the production. This year's theme was Jesus is the "Remedy" - a spinoff on David Crowder's latest album. He's done a great job with the website - http://www.betheremedy.org/index.htm.
I don't have any more words to express my wonderful little vacation weekend, so I'll just post some pics. As always you can see more on my site: http://picasaweb.google.com/aeo1014. Yay for a 3-day teaching week at school too!


Beautiful baby!!